Sponsors

TREND.Facts: August 1

TRENDAFRiCA August 1, 2013

While the percentage of marketing budgets allocated to digital spend by South African companies is steadily increasing, it is still lagging way behind global counterparts in many developing and developed markets.

According to a new study by eMarketer, US companies spend about 35% of their budget on online marketing, with the remaining 65% going towards traditional offline marketing. Furthermore, 71% expect to increase their digital spend in 2013. In South Africa, however, companies currently only spend 2% of their budget on digital marketing, with 63% being spent on broadcast and 30% on print mediums.

Source: Amorphous

For regular updates from TREND. subscribe to our newsletter.

 

 

Leave a Comment

Login to your account

Can't remember your Password ?

Register for this site!