Congratulations to the winner of our Quirk Education Mobile Marketing course give-away. She is Megan Hollis from Cape Town.
Give-away: Quirk Education Mobile Marketing course worth R6200
Quirk Education, MarkLives and TREND.are giving away a mobile marketing course form Quirk Education valued at R6200. The course runs from 7 June to July 26. The course is presented entirely online through the Quirk Education Learning Centre – no travel is required.
You will be awarded with a certificate from Quirk Education at the end of the course should you obtain an overall average of 50% or more across the assignments and research project. You will also receive a virtual badge that you can add to your website, blog or social network. The course is endorsed by the Digital Media and Marketing Association (DMMA). This is a valuable prize – please be sure you have the time to complete this course before you enter!
Entries close at 4pm on May 3, 2013. To enter please send the following details to quirkaway at trendlives.info (submit your entry only once, entries submitted via marklives are pooled with those from TREND).
Please ensure your subject line reads: Quirk Mobile Marketing
Please ensure your entry contains the following details:
Your name and surname:
Your location (city/town, country):
Why you believe you would benefit from taking this course (no more than one paragraph):
While you wait for the name of the winner to be announced feel free to read our exclusive report on mobile trends: The First Screen
Course dates: 7 June to 26 July 2013
Course value: R6,200 (incl.VAT)
Number of weeks: 7 weeks
Number of modules: 6 modules (1 per week)
Number of assignments: 6 assignments (1 per week)
1 online exam
Hours of study About 5 to 7 hours per week
Course presentation Entirely online through the Quirk Education Learning Centre –
no travel required
• Discussion forums
• Live chat sessions
• Weekly assignments
• Recommended reading
Support Proactive Academic Coordinators available by email,phone
Module One: Introduction to Mobile Marketing
The first module covers:
• An introduction to mobile marketing and how it fits into the greater digital marketing strategy
• The terminology used when marketing via mobile
• The many intricacies of mobile connectivity and the different devices available to a savvy
Module Two: Mobile Development
The second module covers:
• Development considerations for the mobile web and applications, otherwise known as apps
• An area essential to successful marketing via the mobile web and apps – the user experience
Module Three: Mobile Engage 1 – Device Channels
The third module covers:
• The different ways in which a marketer can engage with a mobile audience, including SMS,
USSD, email, mobile video and instant messaging
• The many possibilities of mobile marketing, including best practice for implementation and
execution for the above channels
Module Four: Mobile Engage 2 – Web
The fourth module covers:
• The exciting ways in which people are tapping into connectivity through the mobile web
• How to leverage pay per click and display advertising, as well as social media for mobile
Module Five: Mobile Commerce
The fifth module covers:
• The increasingly important world of mobile commerce, a powerful tool in your mobile
Module Six: Mobile Measurement
The sixth module covers:
• The different forms of measurement available to a mobile marketer.
• How to ensure your mobile marketing goals are being tracked, assisting you in achieving the
strongest possible return on investment.
The Mobile Marketing course requires about 60 hours in total spread over 7 weeks, with 3 hours a week on assignments and around 2 for module reading.
For regular updates from TREND. subscribe to our free newsletter.